Job Description – Server Trainee
Part Time: 20 hours per week approximately
•This is a non-tipping position that pays the current NYS minimum wage (not food service minimum wage) and will teach you all the skills needed for a higher level serving job.
•Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
•Answers resident questions about food, beverages, and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner.
•Develops professional relationships with residents.
•Provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards while performing all Job responsibilities.
•Prepares work area for either opening, mid-shift, or closing in accordance with company standards.
• Identifies food orders when ready and delivers items to tables in a timely manner.
• Other job responsibilities as needed.
• Cleans dishes whether by hand or by loading dish machine.
• Communicates with cooks to ensure resident satisfaction.
• Maintains professional relationships with all co-workers.
• Follows checklists for duties assigned by Supervisor, Director of Dining Services, or Event Coordinator.
• Buses tables.
• Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
• Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
• Performs duties as assigned by Supervisor, Director of Dining Services, or Event Coordinator.
• Maintains full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information.
• Constantly increasing knowledge of food, beverages, and other products and services.
• Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling.
• Clock-in ready to work, in required uniform and no earlier than five minutes prior to shift.
• At least 16 years of age.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
• Must be able to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule.
• Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
• Team player.
• Hard worker.
Now accepting resumes via email: firstname.lastname@example.org